Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tip-off, Kick-off, start your engines, puck drop, tee-off, whatever you want to call it let's get things started

After careful consideration I have decided to enter the blogoshere.  As described in the "About this blog" section this blog will concentrate on sports, specifically Wisconsin sports.  That being said I will touch on national stories when I feel so inclined.  I will also comment on the coverage of sports.  I will bring in some things outside of sports or larger than sports when I feel it merits addressing.  Some of my writing may intrigue you, some of it may not.  I will talk about major sports like NCAA Football and Basketball, NFL, MLB and NBA but I will also spend much of my time on some smaller or more obscure things like NHL, AHL and College Hockey, NASCAR, Soccer and some Golf and Tennis.  Also much of my posts will be about Division 3 athletics focusing on my alma mater, The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and the WIAC conference in general.  So if one post doesn't catch your interest maybe the next one will.  I will also try to incorporate interviews/conversations with some people who have a certain level of expertise in certain areas. This will not be a daily review blog where I wax poetic about every game.  I might have posts about single games but don't expect one for each contest.  I'm new to this and so I'll be working out the kinks early on.  I'll also probably have longer more frequent posts to start simply because I have many thoughts I haven't had the opportunity to share yet.  Also I'm just excited about this now so I'll churn out more due to that excitement.  Some of my influences are: Everyone at WTSO in Madison, Tom Oates and Andy Baggot of the Wisconsin State Journal, Jeff Potrykus of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal, Bill Simmons, Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon of ESPN and Jason Whitlock.  We'll see how this goes. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment