Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Me as a sports fan

So after my first post I realized I told you all a good deal about the blog but not very much about me.  I'll make-up for that now.  My name is Tyler Thrune and I grew up in Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin which is a town of 3,000 about 30 minutes outside of Madison.  I attended Sauk Prairie High School where I played Soccer and Basketball my freshman year but was not able to continue my athletic career after that.  I obviously continue to love sports and I do hope someday to coach.  I am in my 3rd year of studies at UW-Oshkosh. I am an elementary education major with minors in Spanish, Social Studies and Radio/TV/Film.  I am a sports broadcaster, current program director and future station manager at WRST (the student radio station at UW-O).  I have also done broadcasts for Titan TV, the campus TV station. I also work for WRPQ and the Sauk Prairie Eagles Sports Network back in Sauk Prairie broadcasting high school basketball.  I am a fan of all things Wisconsin sports.  The Wisconsin Badgers are my favorite team and my favorite sport is basketball.  My parents have UW Men's Basketball season tickets and I use them as often as I can.  I love everything UW sports stand for.  Hard work, mental toughness and consistency. Due to my parents success coaching and my sister's success playing women's basketball I have a healthy respect for women's athletics while understanding why some people may not, and also understanding what makes men's and women's athletics different.  So it is here again where you may not find what I write about Badger Women's Basketball all to interesting but I'll have another post soon enough that might tickle your fancy.  I'll also give updates as to how my sports franchises in the video games I play are doing and update you how I did on my Streak for the Cash that day, just for fun.  A few things about me outside of sports: I am a practicing Catholic, I enjoy musical theater, most of the music I listen to was made prior to 1998, the TV shows I make sure I watch are The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, Glee, Community, The Office, The Ricky Gervais Show and Saturday Night Live.  As you can see I am a big fan of comedy and not much for drama, although I'll occasionally take in Law & Order or other procedural crime dramas.  Same goes for movies, I'll almost never watch a drama, but I'll take in an action flick (particularly comic book movies) and I am always up for a good comedy.  I love wit, clever puns, dry humor and most dead pan comedy, over the top is not my style.  In my opinion the best comedy is one that requires some thought.  I think I enjoy comedy so much because I am a very serious person.  I loved Seasame Street growing up. That's all I can think of for now. I hope all of what I've said shows in my writing and that anything I forgot to mention will also become obvious upon reading the blog. TTFN (Ta-Ta For Now).

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Yet another source of Thrunean wisdom. I'll have to see if my old sport blog is still up. SportingNews isn't what it used to be

    ReplyDelete