Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back in action

So I know its been awhile since my last post but trust me it is not for lack of interest, enthusiasm or dedication.  I over the past few days I've had some quote unquote "off the field" issues to deal with and just simply haven't had time to post anything.  What's disappointing is that there have been so many good things to talk about.  I'll do my best to touch on a variety of topics to update you on my stances.

Brewers- I honestly believe that that when Greinke is good to go that the Brewers should bench Yovani Gallardo at least briefly because he has been awful in all but one game this year.  A 3-3 home stand was disappointing to say the least. Need to now bounce back on the road trip.

Titan Baseball- After getting swept by Point the Titans find themselves in a fight for the final playoff spot more than a conference title at this point.  Jeremy Rubens hasn't pitched in 2 weeks now.  Methinks he might be injured.  In game 1 of the series Coach Lechnir started Sean Grabig. Why?  He has pitched twice before that game this year and was pretty bad in those games and awful in this one.  With the Titan's perceived depth at that position the fact that Grabig started is mind-boggling.

NBA Basketball:  These playoffs are really fun.  I'm sticking with my Boston/OKC pick and I am just in awe of Kevin Durant at this point in time.

NHL Hockey:  These playoffs are also really fun.  My predators moved on.  Vancouver did its job taking out Chicago which is always nice.  Just so many overtime games and more penalty shots than I've seen in my life time aside from the Might Ducks movies.

NFL:  Lock-out aside (trust me that column is on its way, possibly as soon as tomorrow) I really could care less about the NFL right now.  I'll only pay attention to the first pick, the packers pick and any badgers picked in the draft.  I just don't think the NFL warrants that much attention given that there are regular season games in baseball on right now and NBA and NHL PLAYOFFS on.  The NFL does not deserve this much attention.  It just goes to show the hubris of the NFL that they would air the first round of their draft against a full slate of MLB  games, 3 NBA playoff games and an NHL playoff game, in prime time none the less.  But it can get away with it.  Why? Because most of this country is irrationally NFL crazy and it makes a ton of money.  The irony is, they have so much money but they can't figure out how to divide it fairly.

Alright so that's where I'm at in a nutshell.  Tonight I might do another channel surfing piece given all that is going on.  Tomorrow I'll have a Titan Baseball series preview as they take on the conference leading UW-Whitewater Warhawks in a 4 game set over the weekend.  I might have a more in depth look at the Brewers and/or an article on the NFL lockout as well. We'll see.

Glad to be back.
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment