Friday, May 6, 2011

Back again

I've been away for about a week again now this time due to having many projects and papers to work on for school.  This next week may mean more of the same as it is the final week of classes which of course means finals.  So just bear with me because after this next week I've got about 2 weeks before camp starts during which I have basically nothing going on so I'll be free to blog quite a bit during that time. Enough about me lets get to some sports:

  I won't have a series wrap on last weekend's UWW series or this weekend's series against UW-Superior for Titan baseball. I might get a wrap for the Superior series and will definitely have a regular season wrap and preview of the conference tournament sometime next week.  Suffice it to say the Titans did pretty much as expected against UWW this past weekend.  A sweep of the double header on Saturday with a big time comeback in the night cap was followed up by a blow-out lose on Sunday in the first game and a much more competitive contest in game 4 of the series.  Up and down series just like the up and down year.  Westphal did his thing and dominated meanwhile Rubens left game 2 with an injury that probably ends his career and Schreiber continues to struggle.  Simply put this weekend UWO needs to do better against a struggling UW-Sup team than UWL does against conference title contender UWW.  A simple task that should recquire no more than 2 wins but UWO should get at least 3 W's this weekend.  All UWO baseball games can be found on 90.3 WRST-FM and the wrst stream at wrst.org.  I will likely be on one of the calls on Sunday.

The NHL playoffs are intriguing right now, again due to my busy schedule I haven't been able to watch them outside of Nashville games and the Preds are down 3-1 heading back to Vancouver.  Not looking good.  The Caps bow out again even without having to play Crosby. No reason Boston shouldn't come out of the east at this point.  The west however is wide open.  Nashville can come back. Red Wings are done but the Preds Nucks or Sharks could get to the Cup finals.  If it ends up being Bruins/Sharks I'll have to tip my cap to my good buddy and On Wisconsin Sports hockey expert, Luke Meinholz.

The NBA playoffs have also been fun but I've seen almost none of this second round between school and did I mention I've been sick over the past week and gone to bed at about 9pm each night? Well I have so that makes watching sports really tough.  Obviously everything is still wide open.  The Lake show might be in trouble but the Celtics haven't played a game at home yet so just hold your horses on that one.

Oh yeah and the Brewers suck right now. And that is all I have to say about that.

Well that's in for now.  Again it might be another week before I post again but we shall see.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I'm really hoping that my Cup prediction pans out. That'd be cool. and yeah, the Brewers suck. It's obvious that Marcum is the best guy in the rotation, Greinke blew it the other night. But it's only his first start. Lots of baseball left. Too early to say, but the Lakers run may be over. Next year they'll be older. Is Kobe done? I wouldn't say so. The Celtics, however, have some pieces to try and find for next season I think.

    ReplyDelete