Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Hiatus is over. Ready to go for a great fall.

Don't say I didn't warn you.  I told you my posting might tail off, especially in the summer and unsurprisingly it did.  But I'm back from camp and ready to hit on some of my favorite sports and topics heading into the new school year. Here are just some quick thoughts on the events that took place this summer.

  • The NFL lockout was lame
  • The NBA lockout continues to be troublesome
  • I picked both the NCAA basketball and NBA Finals champions correctly at the beginning of their respective playoffs.
  • The Badgers got Russel Wilson, awesome.
  • The Brewers are absolutely rolling right now, thanks in large part to their pitching.
  • The Packers look great.
  • All in all Wisconsin sports are at an all time high in my opinion.
  • The Little League World Series is the work of the devil.  Seriously I hate it.  It is exploitative and boring.  I have no interest in watching 12-year-olds from Louisiana and Venezuela play baseball against each other.  They haven't even hit puberty yet.  It really is the worst programming on ESPN.  The only time I will ever care about the LLWS is when Hawaii is playing and that is only because one of my best friends is Hawaiian and loves that team.  I have not watched 1 minute of the LLWS and I intend to keep it that way.
That's all I have for now.  I will be previewing the season for some UW-Oshkosh teams as well as looking around the entire WIAC for football.  I will also probably look at UW football and the Packers seasons as well.  I might post more about the Brewers but it's really hard to post about something that happens pretty much every day and about a team where the story is the same day in and day out. Which in this case is great because they just keep winning.  Honestly, I'm waiting for something new to happen like Carlos Gomez or Rickie Weeks coming back from injury and September 1st when rosters expand.  Until then Brewers baseball will somehow be both exciting and boring at the same time.  I might take a look at the state of the NCAA as well.  As always however I'll write about what I want when I want because I can.  Hope you had a good summer, I know I did and I hope for a great fall as well.

TTFN

1 comment: